The PowerPoint below explains the CodeNEXT priorities:
Be sure to attend one of the remaining CodeNEXT Community Character Workshops. Data will be collected to determine your neighborhood’s priorities.
Realizing the Plan: The Imagine Austn 8 Priority Programs
Invest in a compact and connected Austin
• COMPLETE COMMUNITIES AND NEIGHBORHOOD CHARACTER & URBAN DESIGN & BUILDING DESIGN STANDARDS (includes
NEIGHBORHOOD PLANNING & COMPATIBILITY) (Alan Holt, Aaron Volmer, Paul Detke, Girard Kinney, Bart Whatley, Roger Mueller, Dex Og)
• COMPLETE STREETS & TRANSIT-‐, BIKE-‐ & PED-‐SUPPORTIVE DEVELOPMENT (Greg Kiloh, Susan Daniels, Jana McCann)
Sustainably manage our water resources.
Use green infrastructure to protect environmentally sensi*ve areas and integrate nature into the city.
• NATURAL RESOURCES, RESILIENCY, LANDSCAPE & SITE DESIGN (Laura Toups, Lauren Stanley, Chris Jackson, Michele Van Hyie, Eric Schulz)
Contnue to grow Aus*n’s economy by investing in our workforce, education systems, entrepreneurs, and local businesses.
• DEVELOPMENT PROCESS & CODE STRUCTURE, CLARITY, USABILITY (Ron Thrower, Jeﬀ Needles, Eric Van Hyie, Lee Einsweiler, Susan
Daniels, Jeremy Wahlberg, Paul Detke, Jay Colombo)
Grow and invest in Austin’s creative economy.
• HISTORIC & CULTURAL RESOURCES, ARTS (Philip Southwick, Mark Yznaga, Laurie Limbacher, Sue Lambe)
Develop and maintain house hold aﬀordability throughout Austin.
• HOUSING OPTIONS FOR ALL INCOMES & AGES (Steve Oliver, Kit Johnson, James Foster, Thomas Boes, Terry Mitchell)