The Austin Parks Foundation has resources available for park improvement projects.
More information about our grants program can be found here. However, if your group is interested in pursuing a grant, you should submit your idea to the Parks Department via the Community Activated Park Project (CAPP) Form before applying for a grant.
If you have any questions about this process, we are happy to walk you through it! I also wanted to let you know that APF is now offering Quarterly Park Adopter meetings to provide additional support and guidance to park adopters throughout the year. Our next meeting will be held on Saturday, December 7th from 10:00 – 11:30 AM. We will be rotating locations across the city, so the next meeting will be in South Austin. Save the date and join us if you can!
Events in our parks contribute to making a park safer! Review opportunities for park activation.
- Outside of It’s My Park Day, APF can coordinate a workday for your group anytime throughout the year via our project request form.
- The Parks Department also has a Loose Parts Lending Kit, which is a program for youth that helps foster a connection to nature
- Stronger Austin can help with possibly creating programming at the park.
- APF helps groups strategize around building team membership
- APF has resources to help with group building including “Join our Adopt-A-Park Group” bilingual yard signs, flyer and sign-up sheet templates, tips for building park team structure, etc.
Cynthia Rodriguez, Outreach Manager
Austin Parks Foundation
1023 Springdale Rd #4B Austin, TX 78721
512.387.2998 | [email protected]